What is Zillow?
Zillow.com is a leading online real estate marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners, buyers, sellers, renters, real estate agents, mortgage professionals, landlords, and property managers find and share vital information about homes, real estate, and mortgages.
Our goal is to help people make intelligent decisions about their homes – whether it’s buying a home, selling, renting, leasing, remodeling or financing – it’s all about empowering people with data and information.
The Zillow name evolved from the desire to make zillions of data points for homes accessible to everyone. And, since a home is about more than just data — it is where you lay your head to rest at night, like a pillow – “Zillow” was born.
OCTOBER 2010 - Stats & Update
• Zillow is one of the leading real estate websites with 12.4 million unique users in October, which is growing close to 60% year-over-year. (i)
• Consumers look at homes 50 million times a month on Zillow – that’s more than 1,000 home views every minute. (i)
• 56% of Zillow users are planning on buying a home within the next two years. (ii)
• 41% of home shoppers have not yet found a real estate agent. (ii)
• 38% of home shoppers have been approved or pre-qualified for a home loan.(ii)
• More than 300,000 consumer loan requests are submitted on Zillow Mortgage Marketplace each month.
• Zillow is the most popular mobile real estate brand, with top-ranking apps across iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Mobile.
• Zillow Mobile apps are used more than 3 million times each month, with more than 15 million visits to home detail pages. That’s 20,000 home views every hour, or nearly six home views every single second.
• Zillow has data on more than 100 million homes, with Zestimates on 72 million homes.
(i) According to internal tracking by Omniture, October 2010
(ii) Zillow site survey, October 2010